Last week I shared my grief list with you. It was under the title of, "Flags Half Mast." A lovely high school friend informed me that it's Flags Half Staff. Sails are Half Mast. This produced a giggle in me that tickled my sides. This feeling is reminiscent of finding out that a song has different lyrics from what we thought. Sometimes they are dramatically different.
Here's a couple of my favorite:
One time, John and I were visiting my mom in Tucson. Carol King's, "Your So Vain," came on the radio. All of us were stirred into song. At the top of our lungs we sang, "You're so vain, You probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you???" At one point, the song builds its rant with, "I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee..." From the back seat, my mother raised her voice and sang with great conviction, "don't you know that there are GROUNDS IN MY COFFEE??? GROUNDS IN MY COFFEE???"
As if grounds in my coffee is the biggest affront that could ever happen to anyone in their lifetime. Needless to say, we burst into fits of laughter.
I can't tell on my mom without telling on myself too. I've made many lyric foibles in my life but my favorite is, "Rock The Casbah," by The Clash. For more years than I care to admit, what is supposed to be, "Shareef don't like it, Rockin The Casbah, Rockin' The Casbah," I've been singing: "You're really going to like it, Rockin The Cash Bar, Rockin The Cash Bar." The number of times I've belted that out in public is, well, hilarious.
Man, I love rockin the cash bar. All around the world, so many good times are had at cash bars.
Our latest addition to lyric confusion comes from my oldest daughter. When she was 3, she created her own version of Deck The Halls. Where we once sang, "deck the halls with boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la la," we now sing, "Deck the halls with prison lolly fa la la la la la la la la."
None of us know what this means exactly but it makes us laugh.
All this laughter has been a soothing tonic for me over the last few days. My spirits are lifting ever so slightly. I hope you are uplifted by the hilarity of it all too. Let's share in the fun. Reply now and tell me your funniest lyrics story. Let's keep these belly laughs rolling!
Lots of love,
I have several things on tap to share up with you.
1. This Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9 am Pacific, I'll be doing a telecall on the Winter Solstice. I dedicate this call to owning and working with Grief. Grief, fully felt, is so useful for moving on with life. As we move into full winter, I'm inviting you to join me to move your grief, to use it as fuel to renew. Investment: $10 - Click the link below to sign-up:
2. Eat, Drink, & Be Merry - Kate's Guide to Abundant Health.
To kick off the New Year, I'll be presenting what I've learned over the last several years to live a health-full, joy-full life. My postpartum depression turned a life long interest in health and personal growth into a real life quest for personal survival through diet, movement, and outlook.
This three part teleclass will teach you how to discover:
You'll receive lots of how to's that you can use every day. Plus you'll learn how to figure out what works best for you in your situation.
Investment: $49 - if you are interested in this course, reply to this e-mail. I'll send out more details to you but you need to let me know that you're interested as I won't be sending full information in this newsletter.
3. Earth Rise Project - Earlier this month, I launched my Earth project and channeled Mother Ocean for an hour. It was a slow minstrel of insights and instructions from our salty waters. Next month, on Saturday, January 9 at 9 am Pacific, I will be channeling Honey Bee. Click on the link below to learn more about Earth Rise Project and how to sign up to receive messages from our home.
4. Joy (R)Evolution Coaching - I have one opening for coaching. If you're ready to explore your business, your health, your life in new ways, click the link below to schedule a 30 minute meeting with me to find out what I can do for you. Note, if you don't see a time that works for you on the schedule, please reply to this message and we'll get you scheduled!
5. Intrinsic Potential Bath Salts - As you know, I've stopped making bath salts. I do have some left in stock. If you would like to stock up or to give them as gifts, you can buy them at the following locations:
Healing Waters and Sacred Spaces in Portland, Oregon - Click Here for more info
The Workhouse in Bend, Oregon - Click Here for more info
Welcome. This is where I share what's on my mind and in my heart. You'll see that there's an offer to work with me in every letter. I'm shifting that as I go. Whether the offers excite you or turn you off I hope you find a juicy nugget or two in here that infuses you with more of you. Be kind to yourself because you rock. - Kate